Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Three Cheers for Moringa Man!!!

Here's a fun project I helped out with recently. The Moringa is a hardy, nutritious tree that grows well in Burkina Faso. As the planting of this tree helps fight against malnutrition and deforestation, two of the Peace Corps' main goals and two major problems in Burkina Faso, Moringa projects are popular among the PCV's of Sub-Saharan Africa.

My role in this was pretty small. That's me in the beginning as "Moringa Man," and I play some viola during the song. This video was produced by TheSingingNerd, a current education volunteer in BF. Check out his other awesome videos on youtube.com. Also, if you want some instructions on how to use a latrine, the importance of learning local lang, or other intriguing things, go to PCBurkinaFaso on YouTube.

Love ya and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Hi guys

    love your cause.
    do you have a contact where i can reach you at.
    I have some questions about your plans in Burkina.

    Adrian
    adrianadrineda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! You are doing a good work out there man. I also promote Moringa passionately here in Nigeria, my home country. It is nice reading your blog. I have got thousands of moringa seeds and I sell them here to folks who take for medicinal purpose. Please follow my blog @ www.moringawealthandhealth.blogspot.com. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete